Is this a Layer 8 issue, or do I have a hardware issue?

Race Capture Pro hardware installation- power, wiring, physical installation, etc. See the dedicated forum for Sensor related topics

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

ddeltoro

Is this a Layer 8 issue, or do I have a hardware issue?

Post by ddeltoro »

Well, I took the RCP to the autocross the other day well the results were odd. Now I had run out of time so I was powering the unit via a USB cable which seemed to work ok. I had the GPS unit plugged in and on the roof and the sd card inserted.

The GPS seems to have just given me the same lat/long the entire time, I have Yaw readings and accelerometer readings that look just fine (log file 21 is a good example), even speed looks good.

Is it something that I'm doing wrong, or maybe a firmware issue?

Thanks! So far I really like it, I can't wait till it is fully functional and I can analyze my runs!
Attachments
fast_five.zip
A couple of runs at the autox
(122.66 KiB) Downloaded 379 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Actually they look ok as far as I can tell, without knowing what your data looked like. See the screenshot here. Looks like rc_18 was a bit of a straight line and 20 and 21 were some sort of figure-8. what was rc_18 about? a basic test?

Image[/img]

ddeltoro

Post by ddeltoro »

Oh hey, 20 and 21 look exactly right lol. 18 not sure it may have been when I was testing and using a bit of code that turned logging on when I was doing >10mph and off when it was not. I noticed you were on 1.1.7 and I was running 1.1.4. I upgraded to 1.1.6 and all looks good now! Before it would just show me a line that went from the top left to bottom right, or bottom left to top right for the gps view =). Very excited and glad it was nothing serious. Thanks Brent you rock!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Awesome!

Heh,

I should just delete 1.1.4 because the GPS plot had a major bug in it, yes :)

Glad it's working! We will have an updated version of RaceAnalyzer out soon, probably tonight. We'll find a way to notify people; probably via email list.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter