TPS signal problem and also innovate Lc1 problem

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Cheeze

TPS signal problem and also innovate Lc1 problem

Post by Cheeze »

Ok lets see if someone can help me on this. Got my megajolt all wired up via tps on r1 carbs.

When i have laptop connected to MJ when engine not running but ignition on the tps can be held at loads that match the pedal. But the minute i start the engine its really laggy and hardly responds at all if at all.

See the short video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYyjEPsepY0 please excuse the sound typical phone mic

Also the problem i have with the innovate is as seen in the video when the cars on idle my dial shows 14.7/8/9
But the laptop shows about 10 ish

Any one any ideas?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

It seems you might have some electrical interference while the engine is running. What other wires do the TPS signals go near?

Also, check the ground connection for the TPS, make sure it's grounded at the same point where the Megajolt is grounded.

Are you running Resistor or Non-Resistor plugs? Non-Resistor plugs create a tremendous amount of electrical interference, which can affect electronic systems.

Please let us know what you find out!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Cheeze

Post by Cheeze »

Its runs by a few wires Brent, Tps sensor sits right above the altenator and the vrs sensor wire crosses over it at one point.

It also runs along side the coil pack wires and also the front end loom ( headlights, rad fan etc)

As for the plugs i have BCPR7E ones