Runtime error - Microsoft isual C ++ Runtime Library

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

rich201283

Runtime error - Microsoft isual C ++ Runtime Library

Post by rich201283 »

I connected upto the megajot configurator ok.
I ran the hypertermial command Via C and pressed S got no responce.
Now whenever i try to connect to the megajot configurator i get an error.

Does the firmware need re-flashing?

Microsoft isual C ++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ...les\Megajolt Lite Jr. Configurator v4.0.2\mjljConfig.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support theam for more information.

rich201283

Post by rich201283 »

i have took both chips out and still get the same error when opening the config software

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Hi Rich and welcome to the forum.

From what i can make out from your posts you have put the uln2003 and the processor chip in the wrong way round. Chances are you have damaged both of these chips.

Then you tried the hyperterminal test by taking the processor chip out, connecting pins 6 and 7 by a piece of wire, connect the mjlj to the computer and apply power to the unit. This should give you the results I think you were expecting.

Am i right so far??

The firmware shouldn't need reflashing. If your not getting any communication with the unit its a good sign the processor has been damaged. Are any of the traces on the board melted or look burnt/damaged?
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Rich,

On NITROPIXIE's point- did you put the processor in the ULN2003 socket, and the ULN2003 in the processor socket, or did you put them in the correct sockets, but flipped backwards?

The error in the software is definitely abnormal. What version of windows are you running? Can you install the configuration software on a different PC and try again?

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

How are you getting on with this Rich???

spandit

Post by spandit »

I get the exact same message but my MJLJ was a factory built one so if the chips are in wrong, it's not my fault

Just found this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884538

Let's hope the Hotfix works!

Edit: no, it didn't. Still get the message and can't use the software. Bummed

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Spandit,

Could you give us a brief description of your situation and what hardware you are currently using?? Then hopefully we can diagnose the fault for you.

Do you have another computer handy to test if required??

Ryan

spandit

Post by spandit »

Hi, Ryan,

I'm using a Panasonic CF-T5 running XP Pro SP3. The software installs and runs fine (not that it does much without the MJLJ attached) until I apply power to the MJLJ when it instantly gives me the error as mentioned. The hotfix that Microsoft referenced mentions libraries msvcrt.dll and msvcirt.dll and says the problem only occurs when the version is 7.0. I downloaded and replaced the libraries but to no avail (and had a major problem with the laptop that made it impossible to boot - managed to fix it by removing the HDD and plugging it into my Mac).

The only test machine I have is my Macbook but running XP Pro under Parallels is causing problems - it won't install any drivers for my USB/Serial converter, despite me downloading them. It's a DSE XH8290 (which was recognised and installed fine on the Panasonic).

I've tried it with versions 4.0.0 and 4.0.3 - I don't know what firmware is on my MJLJ but I bought it two weeks ago from Trigger-Wheels.

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Personally I believe it to be a hardware issue with the USB adaptor or a software issue with the computers/usb adaptor drivers at this time.

If you can, try to get hold of a desktop PC (these normally have dedicated serial ports) to confidence test the megajolt to make sure it can communicate with something. This way you can rule the megajolt unit out and concentrate on getting your computer work.

Unfortunately I do not have much experience with usb adaptors as i have a dedicated usb on my old laptop.

spandit

Post by spandit »

Annoyingly, my desktop PC runs Linux. I think I'll try to borrow another Windows laptop to see if that makes a difference. The Panasonic belongs to my workplace anyway (shitty laptop it is too). Thinking of buying an MSI Wave U135 to run in-car software (I've got EFILive for the kit car and an OBDII cable for the tintops). That will be running Windows 7

spandit

Post by spandit »

Solved!

It was my power supply. Switched to a simple 9V battery & it works fine now!!!