Rev read out and Advance readout Not working

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Ron B.

Rev read out and Advance readout Not working

Post by Ron B. »

Hi,My V3(preassembled) is still working OK but i am unable to get the screen of rev counter and the Advance to show a reading. i'm not sure but I don't think either are showing on the runtime screen either. Have I inadvertantly turned something off by mistake? What should i check in the MJ itself? Cheers!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Ron,

Are you saying the gauges are not visible in the Configuration Software?

Are you seeing any communication errors on the bottom of the screen, like "Timeout Reading Runtime data"? Can you read the ignition configuration when connected to the MJLJ?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Ron B.

Post by Ron B. »

Hi,everything is displayed oK and i'm connected to the Box from my laptop . The Load guage is reading OK ,but the advance guage and engine revs are just sitting there doing nothing.. :( Also,the profile view of the advance curve won't respond to prompts from the keyboard.
I'm not getting any error messages at all.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Ron,

If the MJLJ doesn't see the RPM signal it is likely not receiving the PIP signal from the EDIS module. Double check the wiring between EDIS and MJLJ- specifically, the PIP and SAW connections.

We have a set of 'voltage checks' that can be useful for testing signals:
http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_ve ... tion_Steps

Note this is for the V4 controller, but the same applies to V3.

In your other comment, I think you're referring to the 3-D tuning window- there are keyboard shortcuts to make changes to the view. Make sure the window in the software has "focus" (click on it). Refer to the operation guide here:

http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Op ... Controller

for an explanation on how to use that feature.

Let us know what you find out!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Ron B.

Post by Ron B. »

I've got it! .I didn't look close enough,the Pip wire had fallen out of the pin...duh! :?
All is OK now. thanks very much! :D

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Excellent!

We'd love to hear more about your installation- consider doing a quick write up and photo in our "powered by" section.

Enjoy your installation!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Ron B.

Post by Ron B. »

i want to do a bit more cleaning up first, :) such as moving the coil packs to the inner fenders instead of being mounted on the engine and so on. Cheers!