an interesting finding..

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Josh_b

an interesting finding..

Post by Josh_b »

right the name of experimentation, i hooked up my tacho to my coil pack using 2 1n4004's and a zener as per instructions found in the files section of the yahoo msg board. my tacho works great. hmm, i thought my maybe my shift light will work too, it used to connect via the negative of the coil, well that works great too! next thought, my old rev limiter also connected in the same way so i tested that too, and it also worked!

brentp
Site Admin

Interesting! How did your old

Post by brentp »

Interesting! How did your old rev limiter work? does it cut power to the coils, or does it do a fuel cut?

Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Josh_b

rev limiter

Post by Josh_b »

my rev limiter just earths out every 3rd or 4th spark to create a 'smooth cut' it used to connect to the negative of the coil, but now my rev counter/revlimiter/shift light are all connected to the coil pack via the 2 diodes and 1 zener!

brentp
Site Admin

Is this an add on rev limiter

Post by brentp »

Is this an add on rev limiter, or did it originally come with your 68 spitfire?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Josh_b

add on rev limiter

Post by Josh_b »

its made by armtech, its called a speed shift here is a link to the manufactures site

http://www.armtech.co.uk/product/ss.htm

vw16vt

Are you also using it as a fu

Post by vw16vt »

Are you also using it as a full throttle gear shift system? If so what rpm did you set it up? Was looking to use one experimental on my car and don't know what starting rpm I could try. Thanks.

Math

Barry_D

Yahoo msg board

Post by Barry_D »

Hey Josh,

Where did you find the tach info on the the yahoo msg board?

Barry
1974 2002 BMW wide body w/many mods...
Complete engine rebuild, 318i injection,
MJLJ & MegaSquirt. Phase 2 is the turbo,
then she's an M3 killin machine!
(=oo=)
Rock on Brent!

Barry Durham
[email protected]
501 227-4365

Barry_D

Tach circuit

Post by Barry_D »

Disregard last post, I found the tach circuit .jpg. I'll get to that later once my controller is working correctly...

Barry :(
1974 2002 BMW wide body w/many mods...
Complete engine rebuild, 318i injection,
MJLJ & MegaSquirt. Phase 2 is the turbo,
then she's an M3 killin machine!
(=oo=)
Rock on Brent!

Barry Durham
[email protected]
501 227-4365

marty

LOCATION OF CRANK SENSOR WHEEL

Post by marty »

it seems to me ,that since 2 opposing cyl.s are firing at the same time,you could install the crank gear offf the end of the camshaft.i have a 1988 bmw 325,and have no space off the crank. any thoughts?marty.

Paratime

Oddly even fire

Post by Paratime »

You could install the crank gear on the cam, but since the cam rotates at one half the speed of the crank, it would only read the engine at TDC every other revolution. This means that the compression cylinder would fire normally, but the waste cylinder would never fire. You could conceivably make this work if you had a custom gear cut with twice the number of teeth, and two missing teeth 180 degrees apart. Fun!