Orange and Green label EDIS6

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

r1_pete

Orange and Green label EDIS6

Post by r1_pete »

Is there any difference between Orange and Green label EDIS6 modules?

I have one of each, just keeping one as a spare, wondering if they are interchangable now..
Experience is a fine teacher, but the fees are very high!

Spockie-Tech

Post by Spockie-Tech »

I also have these two modules for an upcoming install, so I just did some bench testing with both to make sure they were both working and see what the difference was..

Identical test setup from one to the other, just unplugged the EDIS conenctor and changed modules, no other changes were made.

Despite what I have read around the Net, They *do* have different RPM capabilities from my testing.

The "Green" EDIS-6 (Part# F4SF-12A359-AB on mine) went up to 7600 Rpm before cutting out
The "Orange" EDIS-6 (Part# 91BB-12K072A-BA) went up to 8800 Rpm before cutting out.

Once the spark had stopped, the RPM had to be bought right back down to about 2000Rpm before they kicked back in and started sparking again, so if you hit the EDIS's RPM limit, you *will* know about it.. it wont just be a misfire at high-rpm.

There may be other differences with Dwell Times, Low RPM Multispark and so on, but it seems most people are mainly concerned with the High-RPM limits, so theres some verified data for you.

I might be able to get hold of and test a couple of EDIS-8's in a week or so as well.