Sensor Baracket...

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Mini1293

Sensor Baracket...

Post by Mini1293 »

Iv just made my sensor bracket, its a couple od degrees out, but i remember reading that it can be sorted in the softwear??

Iv made it so its not adjustable, just so i know itas not going to come loose etc... but at the top, like metal does, its has a bit of 'flex' in it when i push on it... Is this going to effect it at all??

Pic below...

cheers

luke6040

Post by luke6040 »

I think the software will give you 5 degs of adjustment, do you know how far out you are?

The Bracket looks like it could vibrate, maybe add an extra plate of the front or back should make it solid.

luke6040

Post by luke6040 »

A bit like the red bit in this pic.
Attachments
somone elses sensor bracketmod.jpg
somone elses sensor bracketmod.jpg (145.45 KiB) Viewed 6997 times

MartinM

Post by MartinM »

Trigger Offset in the Tools|Global Controller Options menu will sort you out for a few degrees of error.

You're probably OK with a bit of "flex" but some people have reported problems with some sort of harmonic vibration of the sensor bracket at certain rpms - around 3000 to 5000 if I remember. I'd cut a small piece of triangular plate and weld it as a gusset at the back of what you have, joining the horizontal plate to the one angling up at 45 degrees (if you see what I mean!)

Mini1293

Post by Mini1293 »

Im not sure how far out it is TBH, the trigger is sitting at the bottom of the tooth, rather than the middle.

Iv doubled up the metal where the sensor slots through and that made a difference, as far as i can see now, its just the sensor itself the flexes, where its so long.

cheers

MartinM

Post by MartinM »

Although the offset is in the Configurator deals with the MJLJ side of things it doesn't affect the EDIS limp-home mode - so if you're 3 deg. out then you EDIS mode fixed advance will be 7 or 13. Probably doesn't matter a huge amount but something to be aware of....

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

Ok, so each tooth/space combo is 10 degrees. Variation on a tooth could be 5 degrees, half a tooth 2.5, well within the limits of the software adjustment. I did the same, I lined mine up to the edge of the tooth instead of the middle, so my map is reading 2.5 degrees less than what I am really getting at actual advance. Not a big problem as long as you are aware of it. Definitely put some more metal on that bracket, it WILL vibrate as is.

Mini1293

Post by Mini1293 »

bit more like this then :D

The only bit of flex on it now is the sensor itself where its plastic and so long.

luke6040

Post by luke6040 »

That looks really neat hope mine will look that at home.