Vacuum in MJ software and my physical guage different

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

pristic

Vacuum in MJ software and my physical guage different

Post by pristic »

Howdy,

When I am going down a hill - and lift off completely from throttle. My Speco guage (which is boost and vac in HG/m) shows 20 on the vac
The MJ software shows around 50 ... is there any way to set the load guage in MJ software to read in HG/m ?

Pete

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Pete,

The software does not currently have an option to switch the display gauge to inch/hg.

Kilopascals were selected to measure absolute pressure as it's one simple linear scale from vacuum to boost- not one that switches units when pressure transitions from vacuum to boost.

The use of Kilopascals is consistent throughout the system- the Load Bins on the ignition map, the trigger set-points for the user-defined outputs, the datalogging features, and of course the display gauges.

Hope this helps!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

pristic

Post by pristic »

Thanks Brent - ill just keep my conversions handy ;)

Pete

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Our turbocharged MR2 is the same way- basically has the exact same gauge. It's easy to display with a analog mechanical gauge in real life, but gives computer systems and people who write software all sorts of fits. :)
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter