Svein

Pinout for the DB9 and DB25

Post by Svein »

Pinout for the DB9 and DB25 serial connectors

http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/cable/RS-232.html#conv

MartinM

Just a passing thought - 25

Post by MartinM »

Just a passing thought - 25 pin D type serial connectors are pretty rare these days - but 25 pin D type parallel ports are much more common. Make sure you're not trying to use the latter.

The convention seems to be that serial pots are male on the PC/laptop, and parallel ports are female on the PC/laptop

What test gear do you have? - a timing light is a pretty good tool, but you can probe around with a multimeter to good effect and confirm a few things....

MKnight702

25 pin serial port

Post by MKnight702 »

Please forgive me if I am going over old ground, but I have searched and not found the answer.

I am attempting to connect my laptop to the Megajolt and I am failing miserably. Does a 25 pin serial port work with a 25-9 pin adaptor as this is what I am attempting.

It was all going so well, but now I think that the car was running on Edis only.

Thanks,

PS Would a timing light be the simplest way to test the Megajolt operation? Especially if I can set the ignition advance values.

DOH! I'm an idiot, managed to borrow a USB to Serial convertor and it works just fine.