Broken copper traack!! help!

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Mini_Alex

Broken copper traack!! help!

Post by Mini_Alex »

Ive been having problems with the ignition cutting out recently, usually when ive come to a stop, and then the car wont start ageain and thers no spark. Then later on when i try again the car will start, and i cant find any dodgy wiring. So i looked at the bosard itself and have found that the track between the bottom left pin of the connector block and a resisor has broken. Could this be the cause??

alex
Attachments
Image0901.jpg
Image0901.jpg (66.84 KiB) Viewed 4429 times

britlude

Post by britlude »

yup, that's a burnt out track, however, just unplugging the mjlj should have put the edis into fixed 10deg limp mode.

the cause....? probably not trimming the component leads after assembly!

MartinM

Post by MartinM »

Unlikely - that's the TACH OUT line. But blowing that track is an odd failure mode

I don't know what box you've got, but those tails on the component leads look far too long for the official V3 box - they must be very close to shorting out on the case....which could have all sorts of strange and potentially dire consequences. Get them snipped back to the solder joints asap!

Mini_Alex

Post by Mini_Alex »

cheers guys, the car runs on limp home at 10 deg, so im guessing its a problem with the megajolts itself, or the pip, saw or power cables. Will the burnt out track mean that something will have been damaged??? is there a way of testing with voltages etc.

Alex

MartinM

Post by MartinM »