i need help with mapping

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

juliansavino

i need help with mapping

Post by juliansavino »

i want to do this set up badly but i have no idea how to map an ignition, could someone please help me on how to do this, i will be installing the mjlj into an 85 honda crx with dual keihin carbs and an d15a3 head on the ew1 block. please email me at [email protected]

Todd Charles

There are several good

Post by Todd Charles »

There are several good starter MAPS in the file section. No one will be able to give you a MAP ready-to-go. You will need to tune it yourself. Because you are not boosted you should be able to do this with little risk of hurting your engine. It is trial and error. If you can get hold of a stock curve this would make an excellent starting point. Worry about the "RPM based" part of the map before concerning yourself with the "MAP based" part. The MAP based part is mostly for fuel milage and idle quality. You may consider using a knock sensor if you are trying to run on the ragged edge of detonation. Look at this for example:

http://www.viatrack.ca/

Todd

4600cc

Those vehicles are probably

Post by 4600cc »

Those vehicles are probably right asfter FOX body mustang when it comes to modifying. Find yourself a honda crx forum and ask for a stock engine spark curve for your size engine.

robert verhey

Tuning MAP

Post by robert verhey »

robert verhey
Finspång, sweden

Starting with a first MAP based on stock curve (RPM) won't be a problem. But how does one go about the tuning? How does one judge whether one setting is better than the other one? Which rules do apply?
robert verhey
Finspång, sweden

MartinM

Three simple rules to

Post by MartinM »

Three simple rules to consider:

- advance increases as vacuum increases

- advance should be as large as possible, without any signs of pinking - a bit dangerous in practice as it's not very easy to detect pinking and you may end up too advanced, which is a Bad Idea (tm)

- advance should be set up on a rolling road to give you maximum power at every RPM/MAP point. Advance from below the optimum value while power increases, note where power starts to trail off with further advance and go back to just below the maximum power advance value

I'm sure there are others...