Dual On the Fly Config Switching

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Mike998

Dual On the Fly Config Switching

Post by Mike998 »

I am trying to set up dual configerations on my megajolt, but i can't get it to work.

I have enabled it in the controller options, and wired in the switch, but I can't see how i can access the two maps? I have tried writing one and commiting to flash, then writing another and commiting to flash but it only seems to save the last map committed to it?

Is there something i'm missing?

Thanks,

Mike

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

If you have the configuration software running and connected to the powered on Megajollt, you should see a message in the configuration app's status bar indicate when the switch is flipped from one map to another. The configuration program will also 'beep'. Are you able to observe that?

And, you definitely need to write flash before switching maps - sounds like you are, but it's still worth mentioning.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Mike998

Post by Mike998 »

So, just to confirm, this feature enables two maps to be saved on the MJ box, and accessed via a switch.

To load the maps I write one, then commit it to flash.

I then write another, and commit it to flash as well.

Then both maps are saved on the box, and flicking the switch will swap between them.

Is that correct?

toenee

Post by toenee »

You need to write a map for each configuration. One map written and committed with the switch in one position, then the second map with the switch in the other position.

Mike998

Post by Mike998 »

Cheers, thanks for clearing that up