Need some advice for a ford CVH map

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

javierant3

Need some advice for a ford CVH map

Post by javierant3 »

Hello, I`m currently using an advance map that went with the megajolt kit. I am using MAP sensor and have noticed that the load bins goes from 0 to 90 in 10 units steps. Looking the pressure gauge on the megajolt configurator I realised at idle is about 50 kpa. When cruising at light load it goes to about 70 kpa. For the pressure to go about 30 kpa is difficult and I need about 3500 rpm and no load at the accelerator at all.

Based on this, I thought I may start the load bins at about 25 or 30 kpa am I right? Also the rev bins started in 500 and thought that maybe starting with 800 will be sufficient because my engine is idling at about 1000 rpm.

Also if anyone have an advance map for the 1600 CVH, preferably with MAP, and I could see how the bins are distributed. I am new with the maps, so much to learn!

My engine spec is:

Ford 1600 CVH
Ported head, standard valves
Newman 270 degree camshaft with solid followers
Twin 40 weber carbs

Thanks in advance

cng1

Post by cng1 »

You can certainly rescale the map. You should find that the load drops low against a closed at higher rpm, which is where you can run lots of extra advance. So even if your idle load is 50kpa you may well see 20-30kpa on overrun.

Leave the top end well alone though as you should see 100kpa under full throttle or else your chokes are very much undersized.
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

javierant3

Post by javierant3 »

Thank you very much. I have rescaled the map. My load bins now starts at 25 kpa with 5 kpa steps and from 40 kpa the steps are 10 kpa. I am running 34 mm chokes, more than sufficient for my spec I think, maybe even too big.
The engine now seems more responsible from light open throttle. In the next days I`ll try to add a little more advance to the map. I`ll store the actual map in the second configuration, so if I get pinking I can switch to the safe map.

Another thing in the list is adjust the idle because with the megajolt the car is idling higher. I may need to close the throttle a little more.

van

Post by van »

You may find that you need to redo mixture also .
Point is to get as high revs as possible with advance for same throttle opening , but without pinking or running rought . You can do that for idle and whole reving range in neutral .
After that , back few degries through Kpa , something like -6 degries on WOT .
Get data what is max factoru advance , and dont go over that .