ABS sensor used for a VR sensor?

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Oldgringo

ABS sensor used for a VR sensor?

Post by Oldgringo »

I was doing brakes on my pick-up and noticed how similar the ABS sensor was to a VR sensor. The sensor takes impulses from a multi tooth wheel on the back of the hub. The small wheel is made of cheap looking stamped sheet metal which made me think that the sensor was very sensitive. Has anyone tried one of these? (with a proper 36-1 wheel) they are nice and compact. They would be easy to mount too. OG

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

I personally don't see a problem so long as they produce the same magnitude of signal, which i suspect they do. I guess the best way to tell is to compare one to an original ford one on an oscilloscope. Or trial and error if you have the time to experiment, i doubt any damage would be done.
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

That sounds like a great thing to test out - I'm sure there are a variety of VR sensors that would work perfectly well with the EDIS module (and Megajolt2, for that matter :) )
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter