Mega jolt tuning software

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

trogdor

Mega jolt tuning software

Post by trogdor »

Hi, am trying to install the Megajolt tuning software, i have followed the instructions on the website, but am getting stuck in that there doesn't appear to be a jar file to open in the downloaded software! is it hidden somewhere as am unable to find it! the comm.jar file has been put there but i need this other one so any help will be appreciated. ALso a link to the proper software would be good as i may be installing the wrong thing!

many thanks

greypride

Post by greypride »

i strugged with this one, i cant quite remember, but i dont think i had unzipped the folder with it all in

good luck

4600cc

Now, why would you install

Post by 4600cc »

Now, why would you install electronic ignition into your model t, old man??? just kidding ;) New software is coming very soon, it will be a simple download and then you can follow installation wizard, just the way you all like it.

<b>The following are the steps to get it working now:</b>
<hr>
0) Open up your control panel, go to folder options, click view tab, make sure Hide extensions for known file types box is unchecked.

1) Open internet explorer and go to www.java.com , on the right you will see DOWNLOAD NOW, click it, on the next page click begin download and follow the instructions.

2) Download and save on your desktop this file <a href="http://picasso.org/mjlj/dist/javacomm20 ... n32.zip</a>

3) Download and save on your desktop this file <a href="http://picasso.org/mjlj/dist/mjljTune-2 ... 0.3.jar</a>

4) Unzip <u>javacomm20-win32.zip</u> on your desktop into <u>javacom20-win32</u> folder

5) Cut <u>mjljTune-2.0.3.jar</u> to <u>C:\Program Files\Megajolt</u> , create shortcut to that file (right click and click shoftcut). Cut and paste that shortcut on your desktop and rename it to Megajolt.

6) Open <u>javacomm20-win32</u> folder, it is located on your desktop.

7) You should now see <u>commapi</u> folder, open that as well.

8) Copy <u>comm.jar</u> file into <u>c:\program files\Megajolt</u>

9) Copy <u>comm.jar</u> file into <u>c:\program files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\lib</u>

10) Copy <u>javax.comm.properties</u> file into <u>c:\program files\java\lib</u>

11) Copy <u>win32comm.dll</u> file into <u>c:\program files\java\bin</u>

12) Delete <u>javacomm20-win32.zip</u> file and <u>javacomm20-win32</u> folder, which are located on your desktop.

13) Double click Megajolt on your desktop to start the program. It will take a few to load on a slow computer.

AL

trogdor

got it to work!

Post by trogdor »

Finally got it to load up! the jar file downloads as a zip file so i was unzipping it! is alright now thi just told it to open with java instead of winzip. is all good! just need to get the PCB built now!