EDIS Firing

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Ryanesque

EDIS Firing

Post by Ryanesque »

I've seen a few posts regarding what order the EDIS units fire in, but none of the information I found really made much sense to me.

I have an EDIS 6 that I'm going to use in a 65 Corvair (yes, miniman and I are in car-land cahootz!) and I'm trying to figure out what order the unit fires in.

does it fire both A B C A B C A B C?

My cars firing order is 1-4-5-2-3-6 if it helps.

looks like 145 across the bottom and 236 across the top? is that right?

Thanks,
Ryan a very-near-future MJLJ V4 user

Ryanesque

Post by Ryanesque »

I may have figured it out now...

EDIS-6 coils fire ACBACBACB

so along the bottom left to right (A to B) is 154 and across the top left to right is 263

crazy.

AndreGT6

Post by AndreGT6 »

alexander

Post by alexander »

as a general point, the actual EDIS unit itself will fire ABABABAB etc for EDIS4, ABCABCABC..etc for EDIS6, and ABCDABCDABCD etc for EDIS8.

as the coil packs are just a collection of identical individual coils, each of which services two cylinders, it makes no difference which coil you connect which EDIS wire to. as long as YOU know which one is connected to the CoilA or B (or C or D if appropriate), you can then connect the plug wires accordingly.

i think you generally want to just ignore the numbers printed on the coil packs. they are specific to the car from which the coil pack came, and so relate to its firing order and cylinder numbering only. which may be the same as yours, but maybe not.

alexander.