Abreviations

General Q&A specific to RaceCapture/Pro. For app related questions post in the RaceCapture App forum. also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCapture">RaceCapture Information Page</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

PopKorn78

Abreviations

Post by PopKorn78 »

Hi guys,

Is there a dictionnary of all the abreviations that are used with the RCP, like GPIO, PWN, API, etc. I'm trying to understand all of this to play around with that cool product.

Thanks

JMcDonough

Post by JMcDonough »

Most will probably be the top result if you Google the acronym followed by "definition".

API = Application Programming Interface
GPIO = General Purpose Input/Ouput
PWM = Pulse width modulation
RCP = RaceCapture/Pro (okay, this one probably isn't google-able)

I do think it would be helpful for the folks at Autosport labs to put together a complete beginner's guide to using all of the various functions and features, from installing the necessary programs (perl for instance) to using the RaceCapture App to execute. However, I can sympathize that it is difficult for them to prioritize between adding new features/developing new hardware and documenting the existing features. Ideally, as popularity grows, more users will also be able to contribute. As it stands, the information is a bit scattered and quite a bit of searching and reading is required to accomplish some of the advertised features.

All that being said, a dedicated wiki page for common/related acronyms sounds like a good idea to me.
Josh

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

thanks for clarifying that :)

The root of all RaceCapture/Pro information is here in the wiki, started with the "Getting Started" Link at the top:

http://autosportlabs.net/RaceCapturePro

We have a pretty good list (endless, really) of how-to's and wiki pages to write! If anyone would like to contribute articles, you're welcome to ping me at [email protected]. Thanks!

Aside from the Glossary of Terms, what other How-To's would you like to see in the wiki?

On the short list is:
* How to connect RPM
* How to manually calibrate a sensor
* How to manually configure a new race track
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter