Getting data from CAN

Race Capture Pro hardware installation- power, wiring, physical installation, etc. See the dedicated forum for Sensor related topics

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

plosey

Getting data from CAN

Post by plosey »

I am interested in your unit with the telemetry option.

I want to be able to pull data from the can network, I already have successfully working a Motec CDL3, Racekeeper video system, DTA ECU, and a few more toys all running on the 1mbs can stream thought the car.

Is this possible? If so what do i need to purchase?

Thank You.

jcordle

Post by jcordle »

Hey plosey -

I know that Brent is actively working hard on OBDII and CAN integration right now. I believe you should see that in the next few months, but if you don't see him pop into this thread and comment, I'd maybe shoot him an e-mail and ask.

brent at autosportlabs dot com

Thanks,
J

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello - Yes, we are readying the CANx adapter which provides RCP with CAN bus expandability.

The software features will allow reading of OBD2 PIDs, plus mapping custom CAN messages to virtual channels in RCP.

CAN is part of a big V2 release of the system which will include new configuration software. watch for it in the next several weeks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

rrmotorsport

Post by rrmotorsport »

brentp wrote:Hello - Yes, we are readying the CANx adapter which provides RCP with CAN bus expandability.

The software features will allow reading of OBD2 PIDs, plus mapping custom CAN messages to virtual channels in RCP.

CAN is part of a big V2 release of the system which will include new configuration software. watch for it in the next several weeks!
Wow awesome I been waiting for this support :D Big THANKS to Autosportlabs