Extruded Housing Mount

Race Capture Pro hardware installation- power, wiring, physical installation, etc. See the dedicated forum for Sensor related topics

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

ohiokm11

Extruded Housing Mount

Post by ohiokm11 »

I am mounting RCP in a shifter kart, and the best and virtually only location is between my feet in front of the steering shaft. To keep the wiring block forward, that puts the two tabs on each side sticking out too far. That being said, can I get a spec on what is used for the housing/tabs so I can see if they make something else I could slide in the rail? Attached is an image of something closer to what I would like to be able to do.
Attachments
RCP Mount.png
RCP Mount.png (9.77 KiB) Viewed 10172 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

We don't have exact specs on that, but you should be able to measure it fairly easily. One thing you definitely do is modify the flanges - first cut off the feet and then TIG weld a bottom plate that would extend underneath the RaceCapture/Pro unit.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

GTIspirit

Post by GTIspirit »

Velcro is how I will "permanently" mount mine on the center tunnel of my VW.

ohiokm11

Post by ohiokm11 »

What I was really looking for was who manufactures the housing. Velcro wouldn't exactly do the job in my application. Below is what I worked up last night, there will be some more rubber added for vibration mitigation. Also still need to make a mount to hold the small rechargeable battery pack.

Updated picture with battery pack and switch.
Attachments
RCP Mount3.jpg
RCP Mount3.jpg (54.67 KiB) Viewed 10107 times
RCP Mount3.jpg
RCP Mount3.jpg (54.67 KiB) Viewed 10107 times

baz03

Post by baz03 »

Hi how have you got on with the logger on your kart?
have you managed to get a RPM signal? if so how did you connect it?
has it withstood the vibration?
what have you logged?
we are about to mount ours on shifter kart any help would be great
cheers

ohiokm11

Post by ohiokm11 »

baz03 wrote:Hi how have you got on with the logger on your kart?
have you managed to get a RPM signal? if so how did you connect it?
has it withstood the vibration?
what have you logged?
we are about to mount ours on shifter kart any help would be great
cheers
I haven't messed with it a significant amount since I initially mounted it. The only usable data that I have gotten has been from the GPS. The vibration is so itense that it just oscillates peak-to-peak, so some serious isolation will be needed to make that work. You can see more details from diamondjack and I's discussion here: http://www.autosportlabs.org/viewtopic. ... highlight=

I have not worked on an RPM signal yet, I'm still trying to work that one out, but without an oscilloscope I feel I'll be fairly limited. I'll reply to your post in the other thread with more on that.

I'm working on building a string pot for accelerator position but haven't finished that yet, it will likely be a post season project.

Here is a recent video of track position, speed and time using RaceRender2 and RCP data: http://vimeo.com/73108009

dimondjack

Post by dimondjack »

ohiokm11 - check out http://www.autosportlabs.org/viewtopic.php?t=3843

I used vibration isolators combined with a low pass filter in Excel and got very good looking data.