B*gger!!!

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

spandit

B*gger!!!

Post by spandit »

Spent ages in getting my trigger wheel aligned properly onto the pulley. Drilled and tapped very carefully, after epoxying the wheel to the pulley, to make sure it didn't move.

Didn't read the effing instructions properly and now I've got to somehow move the wheel around as can't conceivably fit a sensor where the missing tooth now is... grrrr :evil: :cry:

Might be able to move the wheel around 90º but it still makes the sensor bracket fabrication a pain in the whatnot

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

:( :( Sorry about the trigger wheel- that can be tricky to be sure. Can't think of a way around it, unfortunately.

So "Bugger" is kind of naughty on that side of the world? What about 'shag' - did they have to rename the Austin Powers movie differently than "The Spy Who Shagged Me?"
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

spandit

Post by spandit »

Shag can mean:

a) a type of seabird
b) a cut of tobacco e.g. coarse shag
c) a type of carpet
d) the "physical act of love"

Bugger isn't that rude, but thought the forum software might filter it :D They didn't change the name of the film over here - I thought it was changed in the USA?

Is there any technical reason why the ±5º adjustment in the software can't be increased to ±180º?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Ahh.. Nope. :)
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

spandit

Post by spandit »

brentp wrote:Ahh.. Nope. :)
Nope to changing the name of the film or to changing the trigger offset?

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Do you have space to locate the VR sensor opposite the missing tooth with the engine at TDC. The coil pack can be re-wired to counter act the different place that the VR sensor is placed.
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

spandit

Post by spandit »

Doubtful - there's not much below the crank to fix it to...

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

If you can move it round 90 degrees you should be able to get away with it. IF you can put up a pic with the trigger wheel and your engine at tdc and show a position of the VR sensor mount we could possibly work it out??
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

spandit

Post by spandit »

Haven't actually got the sensor/bracket yet but am going to make the latter like this one:

It will bolt to the positions annotated on my other photo

Think I might just end up redrilling the pulley - it's easier to drill and tap than the trigger wheel anyway (and I'm thinking I should countersink the fixing bolts on the wheel anyway). I'll wait until I've got the sensor and bracket mounted