Using an ABS sensor as a VR sensor?

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

spandit

Using an ABS sensor as a VR sensor?

Post by spandit »

When I scrapped my BMW E34/520i some years ago, I removed the ABS sensors as I was going to use them on a different project. Now I've purchased MegaJolt, plus a trigger wheel, I'm wondering if one of these would work as a VR sensor, after all, it's designed to send pulses from a trigger wheel, is it not?

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Should do. It is made with the same design and use in mind but I am theorising and have not practically used one myself. Other people have used other VR sensors successfully in the past and I don't think I have seen a post where another VR sensor has not worked to be honest.

Ryan
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

spandit

Post by spandit »

Can't you people answer my posts quicker? Had to wait nearly 8 minutes for that one :D

Only joking, was very surprised to have such a quick response! Thanks for answer, might save me some cash as I've only got the ECU at the moment

cng1

Post by cng1 »

One word of caution is that not all ABS sensors are the VR-type. If yours is the VR type then it will probably work.
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

spandit

Post by spandit »

Thanks, Chris. Not sure what type they are, to be honest. Might have sourced some Ford parts anyway so might not need to use them.