Another AE86 hatch from Hou, TX energized by MJLJ

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

dr.occa

Another AE86 hatch from Hou, TX energized by MJLJ

Post by dr.occa »

off:

on:

didn't get shots of the car before the owner took her home.

it was a full fledged GTS. the owner wanted it converted to dual sides and was going to run it with just the HEI module with locked out timing but changed his mind after talking with me.

-dropped the tank and replaced the intank pump with a 6" length of fuel hose for the pick up.
-the holley red stopped delivering fuel so i replaced it with a good ol' reliable carter P4070 (Airtex equivalent E84070).
-carbs are solex sidedraughts.
-NST 2 row crank custom fitted with the ford EDIS trigger wheel
-tried to perform the kick-back mod to get the factory tach to work but with no luck. i'm sure i did something wrong.

i didn't want to take too long with the car since i sat on it for almost 3 weeks (sorry joel!!! i'm trying to break into the snow cone business!!!) so i left the EDIS and coil packs where he originally mounted them. outside of the wiring, trigger wheel and replacement pump, not much else needed to be done.

she fires up and revs quite nicely. just loaded the base map for now. he still needs to finish wiring up his e-fan and installing extractors and exhaust. my neighbors hate me :cry: but i can't help that all the cars i work on are freakishly loud.

i'll update with external pics when i get 'em.

add another hachiroku to megajolt's list of converts.
Last edited by dr.occa on Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
AUTOSPORTLABS
NonStop Tuning
www.86garage.com

"Poverty is not a virtue."

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Fantastic! Thank you for spreading the word, and nice installation!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Broke4speed

Post by Broke4speed »

I adore that FP mount!

driftz

Post by driftz »

are those mikuni carbs? im going to be running mikunis on my miata and im wondering what size they are, what jets your running, and what you have done engine wise. thanks