Megasquirt Parts bought - help!

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

danc8000

Megasquirt Parts bought - help!

Post by danc8000 »

Hi guys,

Could you please offer me some advice on the following?

I bought a full megasquirt kit, relay board and stimulator a short while ago from Glen's Garage.

It looks as though I will not be running fuel injection on the car I intended to and will be going for edis ignition setup only. Is it easy enough for me to get the relevant parts to convert my board/kit to MegojoltLiteJr spec. If so what do I need and where can I get it? (UK resident)

Or should I assemble the Megasquirt as per the MegasquirtnEDIS config and just not run the fuelling side of things? I believe this Megajolt EDIS setup will give me more resolution on the ign table, is that correct? (Not keen on the lack of interpolation between load sites though :( )

Any advice appreciated. Many thanks in advance

Dan

brentp
Site Admin

Hi Dan, Once the software

Post by brentp »

Hi Dan,

Once the software in the MJLJ is upgraded ("real soon now") to support interpolation, it should offer better resolution than the MSnEDIS system since it uses a 10x10 map instead of the 8x8 map. Another benefit is that you have some more features on the MJLJ, future support for switching between 2 ignition configs on the fly, and a smaller case.

You could certainly build and sell the Megasquirt unit for a profit, or you could just sell the parts. Of course you could use it for MSnEDIS as well. The choice is yours. :)

Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter