ALFA 1.7 16V FITTED WITH TWIN WEBER 40 IDF CARBS

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

alfa boxer

ALFA 1.7 16V FITTED WITH TWIN WEBER 40 IDF CARBS

Post by alfa boxer »

Hi, this is my instalation on a alfa sprint ,the original engine was a 8v 1.7 118bhp twin carb with a bosch distributor, the engine that i have installed is a 1.7 16v 137bhp engine out of a later car this had origanally been controlled by fuel injection and timed by the bosch ecu. I wanted an old school engine with carbs so made up the inlet manifolds to suit and bolted them on. the distributer was from the old engine and was also fitted!! this was where my problems started to occur the timing was ok in places and out in others with poor fuel consumption and performance in places. Thats when i came across megajolt, it can take time to dial it in correctly if you do it yourself, but it can be done if your carefull!!!! fuel consumption and power as a result of the mods have so far produced 148bhp on the rollers not bad for standard heads and block,and drivability has also improved at low rpm. AIR FLOW RATIO is the next challenge to check for correct rich or lean conditions throuout the rev range 1000/7000 (red line is courage) hopefully brent can combine all the data for us from the mjlj and the wide band AFR via the input>for easier analysis. Thanks for all the help so far Lee :D
Attachments
alfa sprint 16v.jpg
alfa sprint 16v.jpg (108 KiB) Viewed 7904 times
16v alfa boxer.jpg
16v alfa boxer.jpg (58.5 KiB) Viewed 8015 times
CRANK  SENSOR.jpg
CRANK SENSOR.jpg (87.16 KiB) Viewed 8015 times