What's new at Autosport Labs

Autosport Labs news and product announcement discussion.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

brentp
Site Admin

What's new at Autosport Labs

Post by brentp »

Here's a quick update on current and upcoming activity for Autosport Labs.

MJLJ Configuration Software Updates
I have a small list of enhancements to make to the configuration software, all based on excellent feedback from you. Most notably:
- Update the global configuration dialog screen
- Update the runtime 'stripchart' view: Saving current data and allowing horizontal scrolling
- Usability enhancements to the 3d tuning window
- Usability enhancements to the main ignition grid view

Documentation updates
The wiki will receive a MJLJ 'Operation/Tuning' section to compliment the Assembly and installation guides.

3.2.x source release
I've been working on packaging up the 3.2.x source release, which includes the controller firmware and the configuration software. This will be the first source release of the configuration software, so you C/C++ types might be interested in making some customizations!

External Rev limiter
Yes :) I'm still working on this. In brief, I'm analyzing the PIP vs. coil charge/discharge timings and I think there may be a very easy way to implement a hard-rev limit circuit. More details will be posted in the MJLJ forums.

Updates to Autosport Labs R&D capabiliities
We've been investing in some new test, production and prototyping equipment. Most recently I've revamped the ignition test bench and we've been upgrading our small-scale CNC capability. In a spare moment I'll do a writeup on this as well.

Our R&D test platform is undergoing engine diagnostics and will hopefully be up and running soon.

Ignition Controller 'V.Next'
Details on the new ignition controller will be forthcoming very soon. :)

New projects from Autosport Labs
We're cooking up a couple of new projects for you DIY enthusiasts out there. We'll be making a call out for beta testers when we're ready!

[/url]