Dual table and/or compensation "maps"

Discussion on Future Megajolt hardware / software upgrades.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

GarethS

Dual table and/or compensation "maps"

Post by GarethS »

Just wondering if anyone has looked at implementing a compensation map system where you can have a push button or other electrical trigger that "flips" to another map?

Examples of this are the TVR Tuscan where you have a push button to select Normal or Super Unleaded (95RON or 98RON) or an ignition retard map that could be triggered by the output from a nitrous controller.

I would have a go at this myself but I have the coding skills of a rock. Any information would be appreciated as I am looking at getting the Megajolt Lite for my car to build over summer and install in winter.

brentp
Site Admin

This might help you out: htt

Post by brentp »

This might help you out:
http://picasso.org/mjlj/?q=node/view/114

In short, it should be possible to have at least two switchable maps. I'll have to do an analysis on how to get this to work.

Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

GarethS

Interesting

Post by GarethS »

If it does require a "restart" of the processor for the swap to occur then that would work for the first example (two different qualities of gas) as you rarely leave your ignition on while filling up, at least I don't as I usually lock the car before going to pay.

For the other example it would just require the swap to occur in the presence of a current (but still I guess the same sort of switching you are thinking of in the other thread).

Best start collecting the parts for my system I guess. Thanks for having a look.