Mini 1293cc turbo charged

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

mlarj

Mini 1293cc turbo charged

Post by mlarj »

Bought the megajolt V3 a couple of weeks ago as I have decided to revisit my mini project that has been un-touched for 6 years. 1293cc, competition high boost head, 10cc pistons, (8.5:1 compresssion ratio), competion camshaft, straight cut drop gears and gearbox. I needed to get rid of the distributor as space is very precious. Before fitting the MJ I used the standard dizzy to get oil pressure up having had the engine not run for so long, once I was happy everything was ok, in went the MJ.

I am very impressed, starts and revs well, currently I am using a standard metro turbo map (found on a forum somewhere), but I have added a switch to the unit so I can switch between maps. The other has a more 'tuned' configuration, hopefully a good starting point once run in alittle. Not driven it anymore than down the drive to wash 6 years of dust off, seems to drive ok though. :)

Aiming for a MOT soon so I can report how is drives for real soon! Amazing device for the money, very well supported on the forums, excellent work Brentp! I am keen to get the hard rev limiter, just waiting to see if brentp sorts a cheaper shipping option :)

Anyway, some pics so far...
Attachments
bottommount.jpg
bottommount.jpg (84.84 KiB) Viewed 11173 times
pickup1.jpg
pickup1.jpg (58.08 KiB) Viewed 11173 times
pickup2.jpg
pickup2.jpg (48.11 KiB) Viewed 11174 times

mlarj

Post by mlarj »

more pics...
Attachments
coilpack.jpg
coilpack.jpg (91.64 KiB) Viewed 11171 times
crankpulley.jpg
crankpulley.jpg (56.55 KiB) Viewed 11172 times
edis.jpg
edis.jpg (56.52 KiB) Viewed 11172 times

mlarj

Post by mlarj »

final one...
Attachments
megajolt.jpg
megajolt.jpg (67.76 KiB) Viewed 11170 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Nice install!

We updated the shipping options for items that ship flat, so you can order any time.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

mlarj

Post by mlarj »

Car/engine is a bit surface rusty in places, can't expect anything other when it has been sat for so long. Had to put the MJ on display I am so impressed :D Hopefully tomorrow I should have a lot of the intercooler pipework complete and get it up and running again.

Very interested in the temperature input modification when its ready, would like to trigger a electric fan as well as using it to perhaps retard ignition etc. Do you think you be able to trigger user outputs based on temperature similar to how you can for rpm and kpa?

Off to the store to checkout the costs, thanks.

mlarj

Post by mlarj »

Pretty much the finished engine bay, the MegaJolt installation allowed space for the intercooler.
Attachments
engine.jpg
engine.jpg (221.63 KiB) Viewed 11036 times