Extra line of log data?

Discussion on Future Megajolt hardware / software upgrades.

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

david jenkins

Extra line of log data?

Post by david jenkins »

Brent,

Following on from my problems with MAP discussed elsewhere, it would have been very useful to have 2 lines for advance: the 'basic 2D advance' from the set-up table, and 'basic advance + load variation'. This would help both MAP and TPS users as it would indicate the fine adjustments that the load sensor (of whatever type) is making to the basic setting.

Alternatively, the extra line could be just the 'load advance variation', but that would be on quite a small scale.

cheers,
David

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi David,

Hmm- trying to understand your request. Are you talking about the interpolated value vs. what's in the grid? Perhaps a concrete example would help!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

MartinM

Post by MartinM »

Maybe it's an extension of the discussion we had several months ago where the final map can be considered as the sum of two maps overlaid on each other:
- a 2D rpm map (every column the same)
- a 2D load map (every row the same)
...and the logging reports the two (interpolated) values that have contributed to the current advance ie the 2D rpm value and the delta load value.

But given that the MJLJ only knows the final map, and not the constituent parts, it wouldn't be possible (unless you "wasted" a row at say 0kPA to define the base 2D rpm map and then did sums to remove the 2D rpm advance from the current total advance)

If you see what I mean 8)

david jenkins

Post by david jenkins »

Actually, Martin is along the right lines - but thinking about it, it doesn't make sense... ;)

Ignore me - it's been a long battle with this problem of mine, and maybe I'll leave discussion of that to the other thread... :(

Thanks anyway!
David