Moving firm ware from here( PC ) to there ( lap top.)

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Ron B.

Moving firm ware from here( PC ) to there ( lap top.)

Post by Ron B. »

I can down load the firm ware OK ,but I want to copy it on to a disc and use it in my lap top.
BUT,For some reason windows ME only allows me to down load to the floppy drive .Is it possible to do this? How big a floppy disc do I need ?.as I get a message saying the disc I used wasn't big enough.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

What is the name of the file you downloaded?

The firmware file is tiny- it is the file that ends with ".s19". Are you instead downloading the configuration software (.exe installer)?

Regards,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Gilesy998

Post by Gilesy998 »

Excuse me for possibly making you sound daft, but can't you right click the link to the firmware, save as and then select your target?
The .s19 file is only a few K in size so will easily fit on a floppy disc.

Ron B.

Post by Ron B. »

Hi Guys,I know it does sound pretty daft,But it gets like that when you are doing this at 1am our time after a day 'at the orifice'...
I can down load ths. http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_Confi ... n_Software OK and saving it to target for some reason only gives the option of the floppy.It maybe the rather old ME i'm using thats causing this.
So,Brent,I should be able to just down load everything from my PC to a floppy OK?
( BTW, parcel arrived OK day after your email ,thanks!!).
For those who know Will Holman ,he actually moved his entire PC out to the car when he had a similar problem with an Emerald injection programe,my car is too far here to do that... :lol:

Gilesy998

Post by Gilesy998 »

Ron,
If you download the tuner to the floopy, you'll probably find the disc isn't big enough (the tuner's 1.9mb iirc). If it helps I could download it here and email it to you? PM me your email address if you want me to.

RG

Conrad

Post by Conrad »

if u can get all programs on the ME machines local C drive
you can then "span compress" the files to multiple flopies with http://www.rarlab.com/

Gilesy998

Post by Gilesy998 »

Email sent Ron :wink:

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Ron,

It's odd that windows only lets you save downloaded files to your floppy disc!

Can you get your laptop on the internet? Does it have a CD rom drive? you could burn a copy and then transfer it over that way.

It would be worth figuring out, since there will be future versions of the MJLJ configuration software.

Regards,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

aarc240

Post by aarc240 »

Some known options:

1. Do both machines have a USB port? If so, use a USB flash drive to transport the files.

2. If the PC has a CD burner and the laptop at least a CDROM, put the file(s) on a CD to transport them.

3. Install Winzip on both machines. Zip the file(s) with the target on the floppy disk and it will automatically span disks.

Remember that Windows ME is only a glitzed up Windoze 98 with all it's shortcomings!