Wiring

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

SSDD

Wiring

Post by SSDD »

Hi all, i have all the parts now and want to test the unit on a Peugeout 205 Rally, can someone please tell me what wire go's where as i have no clue, i have managed to power up the box and get a conection to the pc but now i need to conect the box to the coil pack, pick up sensor and edis module

Thanks Steve
She's a bit fat, but DIESEL fitter

SSDD

wiring

Post by SSDD »

I have found this:

http://picasso.org/mjlj/?q=node/view/2

but is there anything the same with the megajolt box instead of the ford eec iv module ??

Thanks

geoffnipple

Hi, all you need to do is con

Post by geoffnipple »

Hi, all you need to do is connect MJ to the EDIS, the EDIS connects to the VR sensor and coil pack(s)...

Theres a wiring key here for the 14pin molex:
http://picasso.org/mjlj/?q=book/view/14

I havent built mine yet so cant offer much more help, but i think that should cover it!

.Al

Jax2A

Wiring

Post by Jax2A »

I'm sure I'lll figure it out when I get to this point, but I'm not clear on how this wires together from these two diagrams either. But I'm not ready to install it on my engine yet and haven't applied my self to figuring it out yet. My point is, and yes I have one, that the wiring is not intuitively clear from these diagrams.

Jax2A
Jax2A

geoffnipple

Hiya mate, all you will need

Post by geoffnipple »

Hiya mate, all you will need to do is take the four wires which used to run to the EEC from the EDIS, snip them near the EEC end (probably best to mark them first), then connect them to the 14-pin molex connector which should be in the side of your megajolt box (the link from my previous post). Either solder them into pins and push them in or i guess you could use the other half of a 14-pin molex..

Where the IDM tacho signal fits in is anyone's guess...i'll give you that! The MJ will need engine speed but i thought that was all in the PIP...maybe IDM passes straight to a rev counter?

The other pins (PGM's, tacho out, rev limit, shift light, and the unconnected one) i doubt will need to be wired in, although it will need an earth and power obviously..

Hope this helps, got me thinking too...

.Al

Jax2A

MJLJ & EDIS Wiring Diagram

Post by Jax2A »

OK, I took a crack at combining the two diagrams. Now how can I post the file to get others opinion on whether or not I've done it right?

Jax2A
Jax2A

SSDD

Geoffnipple, you wrote "all y

Post by SSDD »

Geoffnipple, you wrote "all you will need to do is take the four wires which used to run to the EEC from the EDIS"

where do these 4 wire connect to on the MJ box ??

1 is for PIP
1 is for SAW

so where do the other 2 go ???

Please help, we're stuck

Thanks
Steve

Paratime

4-2=?

Post by Paratime »

One is a reference ground (labeled IGN GND), attach it to the ground line at the MegaJolt box. The last wire is a diagnostic line that is no longer used (labeled IDM). Tape it off, so it can't short to anything.

brentp
Site Admin

Hi all, clearly it would h

Post by brentp »

Hi all,

clearly it would help to have a MJLJ to EDIS wiring diagram to make things clear. I'll move this towards the top of my list of things to do.

Best regards,
Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter