1st run on test bench!

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

tailharder

1st run on test bench!

Post by tailharder »

First of all thank you very much Brent for designing and making available this wonderful piece of equipment.

I had the luck of having a friend living in the US who ordered the parts for me thru digikey and then take them with him on his visit to europe. So no problems sourcing parts, although I decided to source the housing locally...

Anyway, got all the parts soldered them together, without any mistakes. Got the software installed (which is doable if you read the 'how to' carefully and do exactly as it says) and after powering the mjlj up I was able to communicate with it. At first I hadn't powered it up and failed to communicate with the mjlj.

At the moment I do not have a 36-1 trigger wheel yet, but for bench testing a 60-2 BMW (Bosch Motronic 1.3 / 1.7) trigger wheel worked good enough to see some sparks. Also a BMW VR crank or cam sensor worked ok. I haven't tried the single coils of a BMW 318is (E30) yet as I dont know what terminal is for what but that's up nextr
Runtime Display showed some jumping rpm numbers, 95kPA ambient air pressure, and an advance as specified by the configured table.

After checking out if the single coils work as well it's time to install it in my BMW 320is (E30).