36-1 Wheel

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Nigel

36-1 Wheel

Post by Nigel »

Hi

I'm considering getting some 36-1 140mm diameter wheels made up. My idea is to fit the wheel on the front pulley of a Ford Pinto (SOHC) and will fit with 3 bolts to allow easy adjustment, rather than having to undo the main pulley bolt, which is not easy to get to on my car and requires that I lift the engine 8 inches to get to it. I have looked into manufacturing costs and found that it would be most economical to get them laser cut. This would give tolerances of +/- 0.1mm. Can anyone advise if they think this will be accurate enough or should I get one machined (rather than cut)?

Thanks
Nigel

PioneerX

Toothed Wheel

Post by PioneerX »

The toerance of +/-0.1mm is more than accurate enough. The EDIS unit counts based ont he waveform of the sensor so as long as the gaps and teeth a roughly the same size it will work fine.

Consider that the normal ford engine using the EDIS system has a cast set of teeth on the flywheel and these are generally not machined at all, the sendor reads them in the rough case condition.

Nigel

Thanks for the reply. Laser

Post by Nigel »

Thanks for the reply. Laser cut it is then.

I'll have to get several made so if anyone on the UK is interested in buying one from me. Add your name to this topic and I'll let you know when I've got my hands on them. It's likely to be 2 or 3 weeks. And price will be around GBP 21.00

cng1

I usually hold stocks of

Post by cng1 »

I usually hold stocks of laser cut wheels in the UK, in fact I generally have them listed on ebay. Price 20 pounds.

I'm going to have another 50 made up in the next few weeks so if anyone has any particular requests let me know
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

Greg Edwards

ebay laser cut wheels

Post by Greg Edwards »

Hi,
Ive just bought a megajolt for xmas and im struggling to get hold of the toothed pulley wheel!!
Can I buy one direct from you or on ebay soonish?

Thanks,
Greg

Greg Edwards

I am!

Post by Greg Edwards »

Hi!
Im interested in buying a toothed wheel (also for a SOHC Pinto) if you've got any left??

Thanks,
Greg

cng1

You can buy direct, via ebay

Post by cng1 »

You can buy direct, via ebay or via my webite: www.trigger-wheels.com
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

Greg Edwards

Thanks Ive just found youre

Post by Greg Edwards »

Thanks Ive just found youre ones on ebay I think...
They are the ones suitable for SOHC pintos??

Greg Edwards

LOL! now ive just got youre

Post by Greg Edwards »

LOL! now ive just got youre other mail!! Sorry for repeating everything!! :)