TPS data

All sensor specific discussions! Temperature, pressure, steering angle, brake and throttle, etc. Post adaptations of OEM-style sensors, and also your clever DIY hacks and custom designs here too!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

zechdz

Post by zechdz »

Lots of info!
Thank you very much, I'll try to go through all of this and eliminate all possible issues.

The 5v bike reference i was refering to was just that my harness diagram shows a spot for 5v reference, however they have no wire connected to it. It made me think there might be somewhere else on the bike tied to a sensor that uses 5v, but from the rest of the things you said that's probably not it.
vroom

zechdz

Post by zechdz »

I forgot to try the things you mentioned in a previous reply (giggling wire), but last minute before riding today I got the idea to tie an analog input to chassis to see if the chassis drifts away from the ground I have going to RCP.

There is no significant drift, so I'm guessing the issue is not with grounding... I would suspect that the chassis analog input should vary with the TPS weird readings if that was the issue.

https://www.race-capture.com/events/201 ... 8&laps[]=3

Note: I just also remembered, I have a sub-ecu that is using throttle input, it could very much be that the system is causing the issues in TPS readings. That actually worries me more since that would mean the TPS being used for my ECU control is not accurate either. Good thing I'm not using traction control or else that might be a bigger issue than it is now. The ecu control being done is mostly just TPS=0 kicks in weaker engine braking, while my issues are with RCP are reading TPS=100.
vroom