Cable Shielding Connection

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Dazman1360

Cable Shielding Connection

Post by Dazman1360 »

I've had most of my installation in place for some time, all but the MJ ECU. I used the wiring diagrams from the Autosport Labs website to get to the point where the car will run in limp mode.

I have just received the MJ ECU from Trigger Wheels and reading through their installation instructions there's a difference in the way the shielding from the cables from EDIS to Sensor & EDIS to MJ are connected.

The first image (Autosportslab) shows the shield going to pin 7 of the EDIS and connecting to the Earth from Pin 9.

The second image shows the shield going to pin 7 only.

The instructions from Trigger Wheels states:

Note that the VR sensor cable shield is only connected to EDIS pin 7 – it should NOT be earthed directly. Please also note that the shield should not be connected to anything at the sensor end.

This kind of contradicts the first image as joining the shield this way is taking it direct to earth? I have wired as image 1, do I need to alter it to image 2?

Many thanks

Lazeum

Post by Lazeum »

I believe pin 7 & 9 are connected anyway inside the box.
I'm running my setup with shield connected to pin #7 only (as you are) and it works flawlessly.

All my grounds (EDIS module, MJLJ & relays are all connected at the same point which is directly connected to the battery. It shouldn't matter, I'm just sayin' ;)
Mathieu