continuity between the pip signal and ground

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

surferpete

continuity between the pip signal and ground

Post by surferpete »

Hello

This is my first question regarding my installation of the edis/megajolt unit on my freshly rebuilt 1971 VW type 1 engine.

I tried to start the engine for the first time and it was a no go. I checked for spark by connecting a spark plug on a loose plug wire and didn't see a spark. Then I checked for continuity on all wires to make sure that they were connected right. Everything seemed fine other than the pip connection. I tested the pip at the edis unit and the megajolt unit and I get continuity at those two terminals but I also get it on ground as well. Did the shield wire cross with the pip somehow? I was extra careful with the wiring. Anyhow I didn't get voltage at the pip either. When cranking the engine the rpm would not fluctuate but the map signal would work. Any and all help is appreciated.

surferpete

Post by surferpete »

Real quick update...

I fixed the pip wire which was making contact with the shielding ground. I still don't get voltage to pip, whether if the ignition is on or not.

surferpete

Post by surferpete »

Now i get voltage to pip when ignition is on but the engine will not start, only backfire while cranking.

FULMNTE

Post by FULMNTE »

Does it start and run with the MJ disconnected and EDIS module only?

If not, you have other issues than the MJ module...
1971 Monte Carlo, 454 HO, Tremec 5 Spd, Weiand 177 Supercharger