Mini 1275 timing help with mega jolt

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

nickg

Mini 1275 timing help with mega jolt

Post by nickg »

HI everyone!

so i have my mega jolt running well now & has not missed a beat :) so much better then a dizzy :D

i have a few questions- problems running the 1380 map.

i have checked the timing in limp mode where it is locked to 10 degree's & on my crank i got 6 deegre thats the 3rd tooth down right??

so i would need to offset -4 degree?

do i set my cranking at 6 degree or 10?

im having starting issues when cold or not started a few days, it takes a fair while to kick over then it runs rough nail for a few revs then it picks up great & idles nice, im using a hiff44 carb so i still warm her up.

lastly it feels like it's not right, it's like it is missing power on the bottom end on acceleration it slightly bogs down & then picks up the revs its very slight but annoying..

could it possibly be reading 8 degree before TDc so i maybe only need -2 degree sensor adjustment?

can anyone point me to the aldon yellow map? might try this also.

my engine is a 266 cam stage 3 head 1293.

toenee

Post by toenee »

http://www.autosportlabs.org/viewtopic.php?t=1643

Personally I'd say it's worth the time and effort to get the edis running at 10 degrees. Without having to offset the timing in the software.

nickg

Post by nickg »

so i just changed it to the md286 map & it has improved the low done a fair bit & almost rid the problem im having.

as far as timing go's is that correct??

toenee

Post by toenee »

The new map probably has more advance lower down than the previous one.
Your problem now is it's actually running at around 12 degrees, each Point and Valley is 2 degrees. So the 3rd tooth down is 12 degrees.
Can't you adjust your VR sensor ? It's worth the effort to get this correct.

nickg

Post by nickg »

Ok so I had to advance the trigger offset by +2 degree it has fixed it.

The torque is unreal. Why did I have to go + 2 if I go -2 it bogs down?

toenee

Post by toenee »

nickg wrote:Why did I have to go + 2 if I go -2 it bogs down?
Because your whole map was out, by what ever amount error you've actually got at the sensor.
So the original map you tried was more refined than the 286 map, so that those few degrees of error moved the timing to a less optimum position until the engine cleared it's throat.