Another small step for man kind UPDATE!!!!

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

volksnut

Post by volksnut »

UPDATE!!! It's June 2010 and the turbo is on and running a new map, I forgot how boost makes you happy

Funky Diver

Post by Funky Diver »

Dude that is some SERIOUS install. I think the best compliment I could give you would be "it looks OEM", seriously!

You have set a standard that us mere mortals can only aspire to!

volksnut

Post by volksnut »

THANKS! I'm thinking about taking it to the track tomorrow

volksnut

Post by volksnut »

Another UPDATE....it's now August 2010 and I made a few runs at the track. I found 2 problems, I was running lean by the 1/8th mile and would stall after I lifted. A new higher pressure fuel pump fixed the first problem and a true BOV fixed the other. So far at 9 psi boost the best 1/8th mile pass was a 8.15 and a 13.13 @ 103 mph in the 1/4 mile. Lots of wheel spin in first and second and even a chirp in third gear :P all smiles here

Humpty

Post by Humpty »

Awesome news.... The new BOV works a little better I take it.... And how's the map working out for you?.... Getting a handle on it?.... Been looking at that vacuum manifold of yours.... I only put one manifold port in when I built my centre 'T'.... Need to add some more for the FPR and to tidy the whole lot up.... Did you make that out of PVC or something?.... I really like that.... Mind if I knock off your idea? :D

volksnut

Post by volksnut »

yes the BOV works great! Map is working good as well, even added a shift light in the dash next to the brake warning light, yes the vacuum tank is pvc, feel free to use the idea, I'm sure I did just can't remember :shock:

volksnut

Post by volksnut »

Another update: Well it was back to the track, cooler outside temps...lowered tire pressure to 18psi and got a little more grip (still street tires and muffler)...oh and at 9psi she ran
12.8 @ 105 mph with a 1.90 60'

Humpty

Post by Humpty »

:D :D :D

DannyP

Post by DannyP »

NICE!!!