1978 VW Rabbit

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

mjFoDoorRabbit

Post by mjFoDoorRabbit »

Alright thanks, yeah I seem to over think stuff sometimes :lol: 2 liters and 16 valves....your putting a 4G63T with AWD setup in it aren't ya ;) haha, I want to do that SO bad but I gotta finish my Rabbit I've got now...then find a Rabbit shell and a DSM shell.
Disclaimer: We should all hope and look towards the day where man realizes that the sounds exiting his mouth are mostly complaints and a change occurs.

idrivemyself

Post by idrivemyself »

No. Although a 4G63T wouldn't be a bad choice. I'm looking to stay NA as long as it's FWD. No sense in having stupid amounts of power and not being able to stick it on the ground. AWD will probably be on the horizon at some point when I have a bit more of an expendable budget and am ready to turbo it. As long has you have a bit of fab skills and think things through it should be an easy swap. The main thing is to raise the transmission tunnel to accept the driveshaft and fab the mounting points for the rear differential. Those things and the custom motor mounts.
If your refrigerator is running you'd better go catch it.

mjFoDoorRabbit

Post by mjFoDoorRabbit »

yeah, it could all be done. Just a matter of time, skill, and money :)
Disclaimer: We should all hope and look towards the day where man realizes that the sounds exiting his mouth are mostly complaints and a change occurs.

idrivemyself

Post by idrivemyself »

I bet you could complete the project using a stock DSM engine / drivetrain / wiring / etc. for under $2k.

idrivemyself

Post by idrivemyself »

It's time for a long overdue update....

The project hasn't given up the ghost, but it isn't running just yet. I had a goal of it running by the end of August. Bottom line is I didn't make it... It's been a busy year thus far. I have managed to get a bit done on the car, not nearly as much as I would have liked... I'll let the pics do some of the talking:

All of the hardware in the engine bay is finished, the modules and such are all mounted. I made a custom TPS bracket with drive adapter and coilpack bracket. I have a coolant leak somewhere that needs to be addressed, I quickly pressure tested the system without coolant and had a leak but ran out of time to find it. I need to finish mounting the fuel cell and make the hold down straps. Also need to finish mounting the exhaust, two of the rear hangers need to be extended. The choke cable needs to be installed and the battery box needs to find a home. The seat needs to be mounted along with the sheet metal on the rear floor and fuel cell enclosure. Not to mention I need to get the wiring done (Ugh!).

Does anyone have some motivation I can borrow? :|