Artefacts - Configurator 3.0.0 beta 2

Report problems on the Megajolt firmware and PC software

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

brentp
Site Admin

Artefacts - Configurator 3.0.0 beta 2

Post by brentp »

Hi Brent

Great piece of software - no more Java installs...excellent!! Thanks for the time and effort you must have put into it... When V3.1.0 of the firmware sees the light of day (and I guess some upgrades to this new configurator as well) then we're cooking on gas!

Just two things so far:
- there's a strange artefact on the Configuration perspective where the light grey borders of the bins extend to the right and to the bottom of display area
- I find the load gauge a bit confusing when it shows TPS, since it is in %, but the load bins and the logging files show raw ADC values. Maybe it'll all come right with V3.1.0 firmware, but maybe it's best right now to have the load gauge show ADC values when its showing TPS?

PS - I thought this post might show up in the special list you set up, but it doesn't seem to :-(
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

4600cc

Im surprised by Brents exe

Post by 4600cc »

Im surprised by Brents exe file size. It is huge. Mine is around 1.6 megs while uncompressed and using static libraries.

600 kbs while compressed.

Could it be a debug compiler option?

By the way, Megajolt Lite Jr Tuner version 0.5 beta is coming up shortly. After that Im gonna modify Brents firmware to add several enhancements, I want to see what the rapid acceleration is all about.

brentp
Site Admin

The gray bands on the config

Post by brentp »

The gray bands on the config window is part of the standard windows grid control- it's the background colour of the row/column headers.

The TPS% is there in advance for 3.1.0- however they do simply report the scaled MAP sensor value for now. It may make sense to take away the '%' sign for now, and re-introduce it for 3.1.0.

Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

bhwm

Display problems

Post by bhwm »

Hi Brent
I think the new configurator software looks great, so many thanks for all your work. I can confirm that it installs and runs on windows 98, though have not yet tested communication with the MJLJ itself.

I've spotted a couple of minor display glitches though:
1) On my windown 98 machine, if the rev counter is made large, the hatched area above the rev limit spreads to cover the whole window.
2) On my XP Home machine, if the rev counter window is dragged over the 3D map (tuning window), the window contents flicker and the window underneath shows through.

Hopefully you can replicate this, but if not I can probably post some pictures and more details.

Also I should probably mention that the website home page looks a bit messed up on one of my computers (win 98, 800x600, IE6). The effect is the same as in the bottom right corner of <A HREF="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/b.heggs/mj ... f">this</A> picture (text appears in the wrong place, over the top of other text), but affects the whole top of the page.

brentp
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback, and

Post by brentp »

Thanks for the feedback, and thanks for trying it out on win98!

If you could get a screen cap of the large rev counter problem, I'd like to see that. I tried reproducing it with my XP machine @ 800x800 but wasn't able to recreate it.

The flickering when dragging over the 3d window is known- not sure if there will be a 'fix' for it. I'll have to do some checking.

Wow, at 800x600 the website is really messed up. Upgrade to a larger monitor? :) just kidding..

Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

bhwm

Display

Post by bhwm »

Here are some pictures of the large rev counter problem, in order of increasing size. The first one is the largest size that is ok.
<A HREF="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/b.heggs/mj ... rc1.gif</A>
<A HREF="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/b.heggs/mj ... rc2.gif</A>
<A HREF="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/b.heggs/mj ... rc3.gif</A>
<A HREF="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/b.heggs/mj ... rc4.gif</A>

I should have explained the flickering problem better - it's not just while dragging, it's all of the time when the windows overlap.

Also here's a picture of the web page:
<A HREF="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/b.heggs/mj ... _16.gif</A>
Looks ok on my main PC at 1024x768 though, except for being too wide.

brentp
Site Admin

Thanks. That is weird! If

Post by brentp »

Thanks. That is weird! If anyone else sees this effect let us know, and what operating system you're running.

Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

tonci

probem with software

Post by tonci »

I have a problem with configurator 3.0.0. It has a connection with megajolt, it shows map readigs, but I can't save changes that I've done in the table. Software shows error and then it closes it self. Sometimes it shows some strange numbers in table like 200.

brentp
Site Admin

Hi, thanks for the bug

Post by brentp »

Hi, thanks for the bug report.

When you mean 'save changes' do you mean writing back to the controller, or saving it to a file on your PC?

Can you take a screen shot of the error and email it to me ([email protected]) Thanks!

What version of windows are you running?

thanks,
Brent
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

SRandle

TPS Gauge display

Post by SRandle »

Hi Brent

Excellent software. It seems all is working well.

Just one possible problem is the TPS display only goes to 75%. I have tried changing the map bins but this appears to make no difference. Is the unit expecting to see 0 to 5 volts?

Steve

brentp
Site Admin

Thanks, steve for the

Post by brentp »

Thanks, steve for the comments!

When the TPS calibration feature is in place with 3.1.0 the TPS gauge will range from 0-100%. For now, it's showing the scaled value translated from the MAP sensor scaling. this is the same thing that Martin originally raised.

The calibration feature will allow you to map your TPS's closed-to-full throttle to 0-100% on the TPS gauge, the way it should be. :)

Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

4600cc

3D table is flickering: Run

Post by 4600cc »

3D table is flickering:

Run MJCMSIM, have config, log, and flash viewer showing, and then minimize the whole thing, if you want to tray. Make sure it is running though, press play button.

Then start up Configurator, connecting is not required. 3D display will flicker, even when not connected, and even when the other pogram is minimized.

Dont blame my program now, all its doing is updating a grid and edit control. Something wrong with configurator.

SRandle

Large three figure numbers in advance screen tables

Post by SRandle »

Hi Brent

To day I too have seen some strange numbers entered into the table. They were 218 ish. If I then reflesh the table it puts the proper ones in.

Steve.

brentp
Site Admin

Steve, are you running a v3

Post by brentp »

Steve,

are you running a v3 controller? under what conditions are you seeing this, is it on a running engine?

Å¢here is a known issue with the v3 controller firmware when a retrieving the ignition config from the controller. periodically the returned data will have incorrect values. This happens most often when the engine is running.

See the v3.1.0 post topic for more info on this.

If this seems to match your situation then it is unlikely a problem with the new configurator. Watch for the v3.1.0 firmware soon.

Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

SRandle

strange Figures

Post by SRandle »

Hi Brent

Yes I am running the version 3 controller firmware.

Steve