Initial Setup questions

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

rocket6706

Initial Setup questions

Post by rocket6706 »

I am new and trying to get things going. I have started setting up my RCP. I think I have everything configured but am unable to load the RCP configuration, and ensure the GPS is working.
1. I am using Race Analyzer 1.1.15
2. My computer is windows 7 Home premium, Service Pack 1, 32 BIT operating system
3. I downloaded and successfully installed the Windows XP_Vista_7 driver (Version 6.0.2600.1)
4. Race Analyzer is and Com port are both set at COM 10
5. I have not yet installed Blue Tooth module
6. I have not yet installed SD Memory Card (is this required to update the device.
7. When configure race analyzer for the channels I will be collecting data and the sample rates I save to my local hard drive.
8. When I read from the device all the values previously set are zeroed.
9. I tried to see if I could get the device into Boot Loader configuration my holding the start/stop button while installing the USB cable and I only get the Green Power LED (on) and Red LED flashing.
10. When i plug the USB into the RCP without holding start/stop button I get the following: Power LED (ON), GPS Status LED (Fast Flashing about 10HZ), Telemetry Status LED (Slow Flashing ~ Pulse like with varying frequency)
11. When I try to write to the RCP using the Race Analyzer Write Button I get "An unspecified error occurred"

Questions:
1. Do I need the SD card installed to upload the settings from the Race analyzer to the RCP?
1A. is this the cause of the Write Error described above in 11
2. Should I update the Firmware from the installed configuration (2.7.1 as indicated by Help function) to the latest 2.7.2 Version?
3. Am I doing something incorrect trying to place the RCP in the Firmware update Configuration
Rocket 6706

rocket6706

Additional Details need help

Post by rocket6706 »

I read over the download page and realize that my RCP MK2 requires the RaceCapture_v1.0.0 software instead of the Race Analyzer V1.1.15. I removed the previous version of Race Analyzer and downloaded the Racecapture V1.0.0. When I tried to run the software i received a error stating "Kivy Fatal Error" with a windows pop up in some Asian Language. Any suggestions

Update: I have the same issue going on with both home laptops running windows 7 home premium 32 Bit. I successfully loaded and ran the RaceCapture V1.0.0 without the RCP deviceon a third computer with different Software load. Issue now isolated to the widows OS running at home. Another clue..the program launches with the kivy window presenting, but then the fatal error pop up happens. After clicking the popup button both windows close. O
Rocket 6706

rocket6706

mystery solved

Post by rocket6706 »

Wanted to post my findings for all to learn. First I am not a computer techno-Geek, but know how to solve problems. The issue I discovered while running the Race Analyzer is that it requires a graphics capability using OpenGL 2 or greater. My outdated computer running windows 7 has graphics card at OpenGL 1.3. When the Kivy software boot loader tries to bring up the race analyzer software, and this was found by searching the hard drive for Kivy and finding several report files, there is not enough graphics capability to allow the software to run properly and the "Kivy fatal error" asserts.

Note: in the fault logs the clue was a message "...OpenGL 2 found / No"

Guess you can teach an old dog.
Rocket 6706

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Good job debugging. Yes, the new app requires an updated graphics driver because it relies on more advance OpenGL2 graphics capabilities for the touch interface.

Watch for an updated app and firmware release coming this week! Our goal is to ship small, frequent updates so we can stay on top of your needs.

Thanks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter