vauxhall 2 ltr 16v xe powerd capri up and running

Show off your Megajolt installations, vehicles and action shots here!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

fodderboy

run the MJLJ tuning software

Post by fodderboy »

run the MJLJ tuning software then go to (file) then (open) in the pull down menu find the xe map and load it then (with mj connected) you can update the config click on get config to make sure it was sent ok

Ivan

download map

Post by Ivan »

My laptop isn't connected to the net so I see the download on my
PC and I am not sure what to put where in the map.
Is the advance 0 when ideling or full throttle?
I assume advance 0 to 9 is eatch row to fil in the screen.

Help me out please!

fodderboy

ivan you dont have to put any

Post by fodderboy »

ivan you dont have to put anything in manually the map file that you download can be opened with the tuning software and all the values are loaded in
put the mj tuning program on your pc then load the map file then you can copy it over to your laptop or easier still save the map file on a disc and open it on the laptop software

have you had the mj tuning software working and connected to the mj yet?

Ivan

Yes I have connected the unit

Post by Ivan »

Yes I have connected the unit to the engin and it seems to work
fine, when I tryed a map with low advance there were flames everywere
later I used a map from here somewhere and it ran perfect but I haven't driven it yet on the road. I think there wil be several ouers
spent on tuning the car properly.

awattam

Bike Carbs

Post by awattam »

I'm looking to fit a zetec into my capri in the next few months. I've got the car running on megajolt so that takes care of the sparks. It's going to be a super budget installation and i was going to use bike carbs as an alternative to Webers.

I've been unable to find much info on using them with a car engine though. I can't see there being a problem but what are they like to tune, are there suitable jet sizes availible to run a car engine? Also how are they for smoothness and low speed running? I'm not too bothered about fuel consumption as this is onbly a second car but i don't want it to be undriveable at low speeds.

Basically I'm just looking for more information. Yours is one of only a couple of cars I've seen on bike carbs.

PS. This has to be one of the neatest engine installations I've seen, you've obviously put a lot of work into getting everything right.

Cheers

Alan

fodderboy

login to capripower and p.m

Post by fodderboy »

login to capripower and p.m me then i can send you my number and give you all the info you want