Twin cam

General Megajolt Questions and Answers

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

grahama

Twin cam

Post by grahama »

Hi,

I am looking to get into autograss racing but the car I want is fuel injected and twin cam. I understand from my mini forum I use that I can use megajolt to replace the distributor and use my carb set up and control spark using the megajolt run from the crank.

My question is ...

does the megajolt always run off the crank and how does it cope with 16 valves and twin cam?? If it can ??

many thanks,

Graham

grahama

Post by grahama »

I might be answering my own question here but here goes..

after some thought am I correct I thinking that it doesn't matter about the twin cam as the crank sorts the correct rotation of those. Also even though there are 16 valves it doesn't matter as the 4 spark plugs fire when the cams open the valves correctly.

So the megajolt would run the same as with 8v except twice the valves open at the same time??

Graham

cng1

Post by cng1 »

It does not matter whether the engine is single or twin cam or whether it has 8 valves, 16 or 20. The spark is triggered via the crank sensor and happens just the same regardless of the number of valves/cams.
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

grahama

Post by grahama »

Cheers Cng1,

thought I'd thought round my question lol, but nice to have it confirmed as only ever built 1 engine up from scratch and still quite new to all this.

Graham