just ordered parts......now what?

Megajolt Kit assembly Question and Answers. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_kit_assembly_guide">Kit assembly guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

cinchdog1

just ordered parts......now what?

Post by cinchdog1 »

I just ordered the PCB and all the other giblets, but I cannot find an assembly manual, is there one?? also, I downloaded the JAVA stuff and the configurator, they are sitting on my desktop, will play with them later. I am not on my PC, this one doesn't seem to have winzip installed so I may wait to get them downloaded to my pc. any other help will be greatly apriciated, I read the MS yahoo thread on a regular basis, but I don't visit the Megajolt site much at all.Thanks, Joe

brentp
Site Admin

Hi,

Post by brentp »

Hi,

I just finished sending out a big batch of boards and processors. My next step will be to write up some assembly instructions with pictures.

You also need to order the rest of the parts from DigiKey, you can find that in the hardware link above.

Thanks,
Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

cinchdog1

parts ordered!-stepper motor question

Post by cinchdog1 »

I also got the kit from Digikey, thanks for setting up the order page, saves a lot of time and hassle! on another note, is there anyone here that has fidled around with building a stepper motor controll board? I remember that that was one of the features that was going to be included with the origional megajolt light.

dparsley

Max232 substitution?

Post by dparsley »

I was just looking through my big box of misc. parts and discovered I have several Sipex SP232ACP. I'm guessing these will be a direct substitution for the Max232 correct?

Not that I have a problem with ordering more parts, just need to use some of the ones I've ordered in the past and never used.

Dennis

brentp
Site Admin

If it's documented that it's

Post by brentp »

If it's documented that it's compatible with the max232, it should be fine. Just use a socket in case you need to switch.

Brent
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter