Megajolt internal wiring help

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Po79

Megajolt internal wiring help

Post by Po79 »

Hi guys,
I've got a megajolt lite jr that i brought about a year ago and only just about to fit it now.
However when i looked at the unit I notice a red wire wedged between the 16 pin plug and the top circuit board.

I've took the end plate off and pulled the two circuit boards out and there is a red, black and blue wires inside the black and blue are connected to the botton board but the red wire is not.

Looking at the bottom board i can see a hole where this red wire might go to but why would it not be in there already?

It looks like this red wire was wedged between the 16 pin plug and top board on purpose?

Any advice would be great.

Poe.

Po79

Post by Po79 »

Just took another look at it and pulled the boards out properly (i was nevous before).

There is 4 wires 2 black one blue and one red that are connected between the top circuit board and the bottom one. the red wire is connected to the top board where it says TRIG but the other end is not connected to the bottom circuit board.

Does this wire require reconnections?

This was sold to me as an unused item but I'm having my doubts now!!

I don't have to much of a clue with wiring so need some guidance.

Poe.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Poe,

Sounds like this megajolt has the rev limiter installed. Would you be able to post pictures of the two boards? We can find out what needs to be repaired.

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Po79

Post by Po79 »

Hi Brent,

I will try to get photos asap but my camera died the other day so I will need to borrow one.

Is there any reason I couldnt run the MJ as it is providing I cap off the loose wire as I don't really require the rev limiter.

I already have one it on the end of my right leg :lol:

Poe.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Yes, it would work without the rev limiter. just make sure you wire up the coil pack in the conventional manner.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Po79

Post by Po79 »

Thanks again Brent.
I'll get it fitted over the weekend and let you know how I get on.
Cheers,
Poe.