rattling can sound in engine over 4k rpm

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Ferraripilot

Post by Ferraripilot »

brentp wrote:Well, that's good to hear!

Has anyone else in the Ferrari community complained about the same sound anomalies using that exhaust?

No, no one. I have to wonder if it has something to do with the waste spark as the engine is running so incredibly well otherwise.....

I swapped exhausts to the previous Ansa sport, issue is still there but not quite as loud, I believe that's due to the exhaust itself.

So here's my new hypothesis. In the mid '80s when Cosworth was developing the ECU for their new 1.5L turbo F1 engine, they found that the engine itself produced a harmonic which interfered with the ECU signal. Ford ultimately found ways to correct this in the ECU hardware, but I of course have no idea how they did this. Honda, Renault, and BMW had the same issues with their engine harmonics interfering with the injector signal specifically causing a misfire.

I'm wondering if the Ferrari flat plane engine is producing a harmonic the MJ system has never encountered before thus causing an issue.

Brent, when is the megajolt/c going to be ready, I'll give that a shot and see if that fixes it.