Problems with serial connection

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

MarkDeTriomphe

Problems with serial connection

Post by MarkDeTriomphe »

Dear all,

many apologies if this has been covered before - but I am struggling to find the answer to my problem.

I am running a MJL V3 (acquired fully built and tested supposedly). Having connected the unit up everything seems OK - car fires and runs much better than before even with the map it came with which is almost certainly wrong for my car. However, I cannot get a PC to talk to the MJ - getting the dreaded message

"Timeout reading cylinder count" .

The only thing is, I am using the serial port on my PC. In fact, I have tried two different laptops (one running XP the other running W2K - both with same issue.

Most of the posts I have seen on this subject relate to problems using USB adaptors.

So - please can someone tell me if there are some basic things that need to be set up to run with a serial cable?

Thanks in advance

Mark
Triumph Spitfire 1300 with Megajolt Lite, V3 - not quite running yet

MarkDeTriomphe

Post by MarkDeTriomphe »

Toenee - many thanks. In fact the first link contained the answer to my problem ... I had installed the wrong version of software. Installing V3.3.2 fixed the issue - and I am now very happy :D
Thanks again,
Mark
Triumph Spitfire 1300 with Megajolt Lite, V3 - not quite running yet

toenee

Post by toenee »

NP :D