Megajolt lite Jr version 2 help please

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

chrisimp

Megajolt lite Jr version 2 help please

Post by chrisimp »

Hello everyone, really great site going on here and has been great help with mounting my sensor and trigger wheel correctly on my car but now up to the point of installing the Edis parts and Mjlj that I have.

I purchased a 2nd hand unit nearly 2 years ago now :oops: only just starting to work it all out.

Looking inside I have found that it is a V2.0 from 2003 but comparing the way mine looks to others it looks different, mainly the connections to the coil pack and another connector which is a single brown :?

Think its easier with photos!

Also when I bought the mj it came with the coil pack, sensor and wiring but looking at the instructions for the newest MJ things are different, not sure if it should be or not so dont want to move things around especially since some wires are connected up together and others loose!!

(Ive started to work out the wiring with masking tape around some but then noticed that things where the opposite way around)

So mainly just wondering...

1. If someone can help :lol:
2. What will the single brown wire connector be?
3. Has anyone got any wiring diagrams like the V4.0 one that I could see for the V2.0?
4. Shouldnt the sensor wires be shielded like it states on the V4.0 instructions?(being Elec eng trained I feel it should be but is it less important on the older set ups?)

Hopefully someone can help and many thanks in advance!

Cheers
Chris

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Well, that's a blast from the past! What you can do is take a current wiring diagram (like the V4 installation guide) and map it to the pinouts for the Megajolt.

All you need for basic operation on the V2 megajolt is power, ground, PIP and SAW. You can see the pinout here:

http://autosportlabs.net/V2_Build_and_i ... tion_guide

As for shielding the VR sensor PIP/SAW, yes, this should be shielded as well.

For the wires on the EDIS harness, just look at the wiring diagram in the installation guide and go with the wires that matter (power, ground, PIP, saw, coil outputs, VR sensor) Some of the wires are unneeded, and can be ignored.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

chrisimp

Post by chrisimp »

brentp wrote:Hi,

Well, that's a blast from the past! What you can do is take a current wiring diagram (like the V4 installation guide) and map it to the pinouts for the Megajolt.

All you need for basic operation on the V2 megajolt is power, ground, PIP and SAW. You can see the pinout here:

http://autosportlabs.net/V2_Build_and_i ... tion_guide

As for shielding the VR sensor PIP/SAW, yes, this should be shielded as well.

For the wires on the EDIS harness, just look at the wiring diagram in the installation guide and go with the wires that matter (power, ground, PIP, saw, coil outputs, VR sensor) Some of the wires are unneeded, and can be ignored.

Hi thanks very much for the direction! Yep I bet it is a blast from the past for you to see, but compared to the car its going in (39 years old) its practically brand new!! :lol:

Cheers again, Im sure Ill have more to ask soon :wink:

Chris