Editing Aux Input Bins

General Topics for configuring, operating and tuning the Megajolt. Also see the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_Operation_Guide">Operation Guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Tailwind

Editing Aux Input Bins

Post by Tailwind »

I'm trying to add temperature correction to the Auxiliary Input. I've loaded the corrections to get the temperature readings, but cannot edit the Advance Correction Bins. I can enter a value, but when I press the <enter> or <tab> keys, the value reverts to 0 (zero). The values of the correction itself seem to work, as long as the numbers are positive - no negative numbers are accepted.

I'm sure there must be something simple I'm overlooking, but right now, I'm stuck.

Thanks for the help.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

When you edit an Aux input Bin, the Bins must increment from left to right, as these describe the different threshold 'buckets' for selecting the value (listed underneath the Bin).

So when specifying a Bin value, make sure it's less than value in the Bin to the right.

Let us know how that works out-
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Tailwind

Post by Tailwind »

Thanks, Brent. That seems to work. The 'trick' was that one needs to start editing in the right-most bin and with the highest value. Then values can be inserted working to the left.

I knew there had to be an explanation.

Thanks, again.

Bill

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Glad you got it figured out.

Also, if you read the current configuration from the controller, you'll see that the advance correction table is pre-populated with bin values from 0 to 255.

Regards
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter