Firing Order

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

beachbuggy61

Firing Order

Post by beachbuggy61 »

Hi all,

I hope this isn't a dumb question and bear in mind that I haven't got my EDIS, trigger wheel and coils yet, but how do I set the firing order on the EDIS and coil pack? Or do I not have to? Will the coil pack have noted on it which lead goes where? Is the EDIS already set with 1,4,3,2?

These questions may well be answered when the hardware arrives, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

Many thanks, Marc.
Attachments
On Stockton Beach NSW Australia.JPG
On Stockton Beach NSW Australia.JPG (33.32 KiB) Viewed 9725 times

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Hi Marc,

The edis 4 is used on straight 4 cylinders (1342) originally and has a different firing order to a flat four. All you are required to do is swap the plug leads around. Speak to other guys with flat 4's on here with what they have done.

Hope this helps

Ryan
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available

Sx530

Post by Sx530 »

Hi

I have got the hardware but I have not started the installation. A general question. The Ford coil pack for the EDIS 4 has has marked the ignition cable connectors with 1 to 4. What does this order mean? Is the EDIS 4 firing these outputs in order 1-2-3-4? Or does it mean the order of the cylinders for a straight 4 engine with the firing order 1-3-4-2?

BR, Rolf

toenee

Post by toenee »

I believe the numbers on the coil pack are the order in which it fires, ie. number 1 first and four last.
So with a 1,3,4,2 firing order, number 1 lead goes to number 1 on the coil pack, number 3 lead goes to number 2 on the coil pack, no.4 to 3 and no.2 to 4.

Sx530

Post by Sx530 »

Hi toenee

That makese sense. It is the same situation as with a mechanical distributor. I am excited to see how it works. But I have to wait until spring before I can swap the engine. The winter is coming soon and I have no heating in my garage.
Thanks for yor answer.

BR, Rolf