double checking

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Swedge

double checking

Post by Swedge »

is this pulley set up correct before i weld it in place? or have i turned it 90 degrees the wrong way?

its a 2.0 vauxhall engine

piston number 1 is at its highest point

Swedge

Post by Swedge »

i think ive turned it the wrong way actually lol

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Which way does the crankshaft rotate when you are facing the pulley?

Also- I'm concerned about the rigidity of your sensor bracket. Could you post a picture of just that, and describe the material it's made of?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Swedge

Post by Swedge »

the crankshaft turns clockwise which makes me think ive turned it wrong, i can easily turn it the other way though as its not bolted or welded in yet

the crank sensor bracket was just a temp thing, is been changed for thicker metal and more to it that just the 1 strip

Swedge

Post by Swedge »

as requested some more pics of my crank sensor bracket

the engine is a 2.0 8v 20seh vauxhall engine 130bhp

the main block is the same as a 16v block c20xe so this desing could be used on that engine too

just clears the oil filter lol

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for the pictures. It looks to me that sensor bracket will flex with engine vibration, and the sensor may impact the wheel as a result. The flexing will also distort the signal going to the EDIS module.

I'd recommend bracing the backside of the metal bar extending towards the wheel. Or even better, replace the "T" arrangement with a 1/4" plate steel cut in a triangular fashion- the bottom of the triangle has the two holes for mounting to the block, and tapers out to the sensor mount. This will offer maximum rigidity.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Swedge

Post by Swedge »

thanks for the info, another question

ive just set up the magajolt in my house to test it with a 9v battery

got it all connected to the pc and callibrated the tps, when i put the tps to 100% by pulling the trottle cable the selected square on the grid only moves down 1 box

shouldnt it move all the way to the bottom on full throttle?

Swedge

Post by Swedge »

nevermind i just saw this video and mines does exactly the same